Sekonic Corporation, the leader in design and engineering of Professional Photographic Light Meters and colour meters, is celebrating its 70th anniversary.
On June 1st, 1951, “Seiko Electronic Co. Ltd” the predecessor company of Sekonic,
started manufacturing and selling light meters. “For 70 years, we have designed and manufactured the most innovative and sophisticated light measuring instruments in the Photographic and Cine/Video industry. Our commitment to meet and exceed the demands and expectations of our customers continues with more passion than ever.
Sekonic is a company that never wants to forget where it comes from, while still focusing on innovative
products for the future,” said Kenji Sawai, Director and COO of Sekonic. Sekonic has created many firsts:
- The first light meter made in Japan
- The first all-weather designed meter
- The first combination spot and incident meter
- The first flash meter with radio triggering functionality
- The first flash meter to create/display the exposure profiling
- The first handheld spectrometer to measure flash and SSI
For more information on Sekonic products head to: https://www.manfrotto.com/uk-en/sekonic/
For more information on Sekonic’s history please visit http://70th.sekonic.com/