Image creations rules
- Entrant must have solely captured and created the original photographic exposure.
- Strictly no images created using AI software are permitted – images must be originally photographic in nature, recorded by a camera.
- Any entry, or any element of any entry, which has been reproduced from an existing photograph, portrait, graphic or any other artwork produced by another person or computer programme is a violation of the competition rules and will be disqualified. This includes stock images, digital backgrounds and AI artwork.
- If several photographic elements are used in the final image (composite), all of the elements must have been captured by the entrant within 36 months of the competition date. Stock images, digital backgrounds and AI artwork are not permitted as elements of an image.
- For wedding entries; If several photographic elements are used in the final image, all the elements must have been taken at the same wedding.
- Any images that violate copyright, trademark or any other applicable law will be disqualified.
- All digital manipulation must have been performed by the entrant or under strict guidance from them.
- No entry will be eligible that has been made with assistance from or under guidance from, a third party such as an event organiser, venue owner, another photographer or instructor.
Image presentation rules
- All entries must be 20×16 inches (or 50x40cm) inclusive of the mount.
- Each image must be mounted on foam board or backing/mount board with a thickness of no more than 6mm.
- In the case of single aperture entries the image within the mount must have one side of at least 10 inches (254 mm). If the aperture is circular/irregular the image must measure 10 inches in diameter (across the centre of the image).
- In the case of multiple apertures with the mount each image must have one side of at least 2 inches and the apertures must total a minimum of 10 inches as a cohesive image. If the aperture is circular/irregular the image must measure 2 inches in diameter (across the middle)
- The entrant’s name, or any other distinguishing marks, must not appear on the face of the image.
- Each image must have its application form secured to its back in the correct orientation.
- Entrants must include categories on their application form.
- Images which require the use of 3d glasses to be viewed are not permitted.
- Entrants must not present their image in any way which results in the overall entry being more than 6mm thick or that may damage or effect any other print in transport. Ie – no abrasive material, transferable material, glue, paint or glitter on the mount or image and no protruding elements from the image which are thicker than the mount.
- The Societies of Photographers are not responsible for the damage of any print not supplied in the correct format.
Image entry rules
- Images must have been taken within 36 months of the competition date.
- Images must be received by The Societies to Head Office on or before 4th January 2024. Images received after this date will not be entered, and no refund will be issued.
- Entrants cannot bring their entries to the judging venue, nor can they collect their entries from the judging venue after the judging has been completed.
- Entrants may enter as many images as they wish in any category.
- All entries into the Nouveau Category must be submitted by authors who have not entered any image into The Societies 20×16″ Print Competition since it began.
- First time entrants may enter images into any of the categories listed, and may enter as many images as they like into the Nouveau category or any other.
- No identical images may be entered into multiple categories.
- All wedding entries must be from commissioned weddings, with real couples, where the entrant was the principle professional photographer and must have been taken on the day the register was signed.
- All commissioned portrait entries must be from sessions where the entrant was the principle professional photographer and had been formally asked to produce something by a person in authority.
- No image that receives a score of 80+ in the 20×16″ Print Competition may be entered into The Societies of Photographers Monthly Image Competition in the same year.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to obtain any and all permissions, including the model release/and or Copyright owner’s permission
- Entrants agree that any photograph entered may be used by The Societies of Photographers and or Professional Imagemaker in any of the publications, printed materials, or electronic media. Also, the image may be used for promotional use by The Societies of Photographers (B.P.P.A Limited), unless otherwise agreed.
- We reserve the right to: change or modify the rules without notice.