The Societies (BPPA Ltd) are dedicated to protecting and respecting your privacy. We recognise that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit BPPA Ltd web sites, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all products and services, and instances where we collect your personal data.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This may arise from you filling in forms on our sites or by corresponding with us by e-mail, phone or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you complete the membership application form, when you change/update your personal details. Pay Subscriptions or book for an event etc.
- The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, and payment details.
Information we collect about you
Each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; as this enables us to supply display content suitable for your device.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider), the browser you used to visit our site, the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We also use third party advertisements on BPPA Ltd websites to support our sites. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
DoubleClick DART cookies
We also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google’s DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests (“interest based targeting”). The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history DART uses “non personally identifiable information”. It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers. You can opt-out of this ad serving on all sites using this advertising by visiting http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/dart_adserving.aspx
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
Uses made of the information
We use material held about you in the following ways:
- To administer your membership
- To correspond with you about our membership and other additional services we offer.
- For the delivery of services requested.
- Providing that you have given necessary consent, to provide you, with further information about goods and or services we feel may interest you. Please contact us if wish to withdraw consent.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Providing that you have given necessary consent, to provide you with information about other services we offer that are comparable to those that you have already enquired or purchased.
- To keep our sites safe and secure.
- To comprehend the effectiveness of advertising
- Allow you to take part in interactive features of our service, if you so choose to do so
- To make recommendations regarding goods or services that may interest you.
You of course have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You will always inform you before we collect data if we intend to disclose your information to a third party. By not checking the include fields within relevant forms to give permission, you can also withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at The Societies of Photographers (B.P.P.A. Limited), Clwyd Chambers, Clwyd Street, Rhyl, Denbighshire, LL18 3LA, UK
Please contact us, at any time if you wish to amend your personal information please write to us at The Societies of Photographers (B.P.P.A. Limited), Clwyd Chambers, Clwyd Street, Rhyl, Denbighshire, LL18 3LA, UK